- The University City Community Association (UCCA), a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization, dedicated to serving the needs of all South University City residents. They facilitate all types of improvements in UC and are therefore similar in purpose to UCCF. Because as a 501(c)(4) UCCA cannot solicit donations on a tax advantaged basis, they funded the creation of UCCF as their fund raising and project management partner.
- The University Community Planning Group (UCPG)is the recognized planning group for both South and North University City community areas. It is advisory to the City of San Diego on land use, environmental, circulation, public transit and life safety issues. They do not raise private donations for projects.
- EdUCate!, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to raising supplemental funds for the five public schools in University City.
- Friends of Rose Canyon, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the protection, preservation and restoration of Rose Canyon and the Rose Creek watershed.
- University City Little League, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to organizing and raising funds for youth baseball in University City;
- The Centurion Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to raising funds to support the University City High School athletic programs, and extracurricular and alumni activities.
UC Del Sol (UCDS) is an ASA-affiliated 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to organizing and raising funds for girls fast pitch softball league in University City and surrounding communities.